Ankin Law News
Friday, May 10, 2013: Josh Rudofi will be filing an Appellate Brief in Dig Right In Landscaping v. Jose Nunez on behalf of Jose Nunez.
Wednesday, April 24, 2013: Scott Goldstein will be speaking as a guest lecturer at John Marshall Law School in the Workers Compensation class.
Wednesday, April 17, 2013: Josh Rudolfi attended Artex Risk Solutions Mock Trial at The Witt. (read more...)
November 30, 2012: Scott Goldstein of Ankin Law Office
was highlighted in a "Making Chicago Great" feature
on WCIU Channel 26 in Chicago.
November, 2012: A client of Howard Ankin knitted him a
blanket as a special thank you after a multiple
6 figure settlement.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
Fingerprinting has become the gold standard amongst law enforcement, schools, religious institutions and community groups...
We most often think about sexual harassment in the workplace and envision a corporate boss...
As more and more people hit the road for summer vacations, graduations or family outings,...
Chicago Brain Injury Lawyers
Illinois Catastrophic Accident Attorneys
Traumatic brain injuries are the leading cause of death among Americans under the age of 45 and approximately 5 million Americans currently suffer some form of disability caused by a traumatic brain injury. The leading causes of traumatic brain injuries are motor vehicle accidents, falls, and sports-related injuries. Brain injuries can result in serious, lifelong injuries, including severe personality changes, diminished cognitive and motor abilities, and other lifelong disabilities.
Because traumatic brain injuries may require a lifetime of medical and psychological treatment and care, which can result in substantial medical expenses and possibly the inability to work, victims of traumatic brain injuries should seek the advice and counsel of an experienced personal injury attorney. The Chicago personal injury law firm of Ankin Law Offices, LLC is highly skilled at representing the victims of catastrophic injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, burns, spinal cord injuries, amputations, loss of sight and loss of hearing. If you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury, do not hesitate to contact the Chicago personal injury law firm of Ankin Law Offices at (800) 442-6546 to learn more about your legal rights and remedies.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Concussion - A concussion occurs when the head accelerates quickly and then suddenly stops or is rapidly rotated, and can occur even if the head does not come into contact with a hard surface. A concussion can result in confusion, blurred vision, memory loss, nausea and, in some severe cases, unconsciousness. Sports injuries may be a cause of concussions.
- Direct Trauma – Direct trauma brain injuries can result when the skull comes in contact with something with such force that the brain collides with the inside of the skull. For example, if a person slips and falls and his or her head hits the floor or a person’s head hits the steering wheel in a car accident, direct trauma brain injury may occur. Direct trauma brain injuries can cause bruising of the brain (known as a contusion) or a bleeding in the brain (a hemorrhage).
- Indirect Trauma – Indirect trauma, such as Shaken Baby Syndrome or whiplash, can also cause damage by stretching and damaging nerve cells, which can result in severe injury, permanent brain damage or death.
- Diffuse Axonal Injury – Severe and sudden twisting of the brain, like that which occurs during whiplash, can stretch, twist and damage the delicate axonal fibers that allow for communication between the brain and nerve cells.
- Hypoxia or Toxic Substance Exposure – Lack of oxygen (hypoxia) to the brain or the exposure to toxic substances can cause severe brain damage depending on the duration of hypoxia or toxic substance exposure.
- Secondary brain injury – The brain is also susceptible to secondary brain injuries, such as edema (swelling of the brain), hematoma (collection of blood) or hydrocephalus (fluid on the brain).
Liability for Brain Injuries
If you or someone you love has suffered a brain injury as the result of someone else’s conduct, such as medical malpractice, unsafe working conditions, personal injury negligence or a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to compensation for things like medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering. Lawsuits involving brain injuries involve complex legal issues and require a comprehensive factual analysis. The Chicago brain injury attorneys at Ankin Law Offices, LLC have considerable experience representing clients in a variety of personal injury, workers’ compensation, medical malpractice and slip and fall lawsuits that involve catastrophic injuries, such as brain injuries, burn injuries and spinal cord injuries. We have the legal knowledge necessary to advocate on your behalf, as well as the experience necessary to understand the factual information that must be gathered in support of a cause of action.
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, contact the Chicago brain injury law firm of Ankin Law Offices (800) 442-6546 to schedule a free consultation to discuss a possible cause of action to obtain compensation for brain injuries.
Other Helpful Links