ankin law office llc
162 West Grand Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60654
Toll Free: 800-442-6546
Causes of Wrongful Death
Illinois Wrongful Death Attorneys
There are many different potential causes for a wrongful death case. Essentially, the only requirements for a wrongful death lawsuit is that a death occurs for which someone else is responsible. Additionally, there must be survivors eligible to file a suit. Discussing your case with an experienced and knowledgeable attorney will help you determine if you have a case and how you can obtain the best possible outcome in your lawsuit.
Common Types of Wrongful Death Claims
Some types of wrongful death cases are more common than others. Here are some of the most common cases filed:
- Medical malpractice - Tens of thousands of patients die each year from preventable medical mistakes. These mistakes can come in many forms including medication errors, diagnostic errors and surgical errors among others.
- Unsafe pharmaceuticals - Many drugs have been shown to be harmful even after they have been approved by the FDA. Companies that hide the potential for dangerous consequences from taking their drugs can be liable for both injuries and fatalities.
- Dangerous or defective products - Consumer products are often found to be dangerous or defective after they have already entered the market. When companies fail to remove dangerous products from commerce or to adequately warn users, they may be held responsible in product liability cases.
- Motor vehicle accidents - Tens of thousands of people are killed each year in motor vehicle accidents. If an accident is caused by someone’s negligent driving or by a defective vehicle, a wrongful death suit may be filed.
- Toxic exposure - When the workers or the public are knowingly exposed to hazardous substances and those substances lead to death, survivors may be able to file wrongful death lawsuits.
Regardless of the cause of your wrongful death case, it’s important to choose an attorney who is both knowledgeable and experienced in handling these cases. At Ankin Law Office, our attorneys are familiar with all kinds of wrongful death lawsuits. We work closely with our clients to help recover the maximum compensation and ease this difficult process. Contact us to schedule a free consultation.