Ankin Law News
October 10, 2014: Howard Ankin spoke at "35 Years of Svengoolie" event. (View Svengoolie Blog Post)
October 8, 2014: Howard Ankin supports Chicago Blackhawks. (View Chicago Blackhawks Promo)
September 20, 2014: Ankin Law Office helped sponsor Soccer Night with the Chicago Fire. (View Photos)
September 17, 2014: Ankin Law Office sponsored a community outreach event. (View Photos)
September 6, 2014: Lily O'Shea, Jill Wagner and Howard Ankin attended the National Women's Teamsters Conference. (View Photo)
September 4, 2014: Members of Ankin Law Office participated in the CVLS Race Judicata 2014. (View Photos)
August 21, 2014: Howard Ankin appeared on Chicago Channel 2 News to discuss charges against Massage Envy. (View Newscast)
August, 2014: Howard Ankin has been selected as a WILG Top 100 Injured Workers' Attorney. (View Letter)
RECENT BLOG POSTS
Recently, Gov. Pat Quinn signed into law the Job Opportunities for Qualified Applicants Act. Commonly...
In the past, lawyers for multiple small companies have accused search engine giant, Google Inc.,...
Over the last year, retailers have experienced data breaches that compromised consumer’s private credit card...
ankin law office llc
162 West Grand Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60654
Toll Free: 800-442-6546
Chicago Pesticides Lawyers
Illinois Toxic Tort Litigation Attorneys
Pesticides are substances or a mixture of substances used to prevent, destroy, repel or mitigate any pest, such as termites, insects, weeds, mice, birds, fish, or any microbe that destroys property or spreads disease. A pesticide can be a chemical substance, biological agent, antimicrobial, disinfectant or other device used against a pest. Although pesticides may be beneficial in removing or alleviating the pest nuisance, pesticides are potentially toxic substances to humans and other animals.
Pesticide exposure can cause serious health complications including nausea and vomiting, dizziness and fainting, seizures, brain injuries, nerve damage, and developmental delays in children. If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of pesticide exposure, contact the experienced Chicago toxic tort attorneys at Ankin Law Offices, LLC to schedule a free consultation to discuss a possible personal injury or product liability claim.
Many common household products are pesticides, including:
- Cockroach sprays and baits
- Insect repellents
- Rat, mice and other rodent poisons
- Flea and tick sprays, powders, and pet collars
- Kitchen, laundry, and bath disinfectants and sanitizers
- Mold and mildew removal products
- Some lawn and garden products, such as weed killers
- Some swimming pool chemicals
Pesticide Safety Tips
The National Pesticide Information Center recommends that, in addition to reading and following the label instructions, consumers consider the following tips when using pesticides:
- Make sure children, pets, and others are out of the area before mixing and applying pesticides.
- Wear protective clothing, such as a long sleeve shirt, long pants and closed-toe shoes, when using pesticides.
- Mix pesticides outdoors or in well-ventilated areas.
- Mix only the amount you need to use in the short term to avoid the necessity to store or dispose of excess pesticide.
- Be prepared for a pesticide spill by keeping paper towels, sawdust or kitty litter, garbage bags, and non-absorbent gloves nearby to contain the spill. Avoid using excessive amounts of water, which can spread the pesticide and be harmful to the environment.
- Read the first aid instructions on the label before using the product. Have the telephone number for the Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) available in case you have additional questions.
- Remove personal items, such as toys, clothing, or tools from the spray area to avoid contamination.
- When spraying pesticides indoors, make sure the area is well ventilated.
- Avoid windy conditions and close the doors and windows to your home when applying pesticides outside.
- Immediately wash your hands after using a pesticide.
Legal Assistance You Can Rely On
The skilled Chicago toxic tort attorneys at Ankin Law Offices are familiar with the various laws pertaining to toxic torts, including injuries caused by exposure to pesticides, asbestos, lead paint or benzene. We are knowledgeable of the time limitations on filing a claim, as well as the courtroom procedures that must be followed when filing a personal injury or product liability claim for pesticide exposure. If you or someone you loved has been injured by a dangerous pesticide, contact the experienced Chicago toxic tort law firm of Ankin Law Offices at (800) 442-6546 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your pesticide toxic tort claim.
Other Helpful Links