ankin law office llc
162 West Grand Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60654
Toll Free: 800-442-6546
The Need for an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney
When you're injured, you need all the help you can get, and you need it as soon as possible. Unfortunately, that means that some injury victims pick the first attorney they find, rather than making an informed choice. It's important to educate yourself and find the right fit for you and your case. Using this list, you can find the right attorney to make the most of your case.
10. Experience Assessing Claims—Personal injury attorneys are experienced with cases like yours and can tell you at the outset whether it is worth your while to pursue legal action. If you are unlikely to prevail, you will not need to incur the time and expense of preparing for litigation.
9. No Fees If You Don't Recover—Most personal injury attorneys work for a contingency fee, which means that if you do not win your case, you will pay no attorneys' fees. You will, however, be responsible for certain expenses not directly related to professional fees, such as the fees doctors charge for reviewing your records or being interviewed.
8. Red Tape—An experienced attorney can work through the maze of paperwork necessary to resolve your claim so that you can get on with your life.
7. Investigative Team—Experienced attorneys work with a team of investigators who have experience in specialized areas and will skillfully investigate the technical aspects of your case.
6. Objectivity—A personal injury attorney can be more objective about your case than you can and will not make a rash decision. Whereas you may be tempted, for instance, to go for a quick payout, your attorney may counsel you that it is in your best interests to wait for a more appropriate offer.
5. Alternative Dispute Resolution—An experienced attorney will know whether your dispute may be best resolved through mediation, thereby saving you time, money, and emotional energy.
4. Experience Working With Other Lawyers—An experienced personal injury lawyer can deal most effectively and expediently with opposing counsel.
3. Experience With Insurance Companies—Lawyers are also used to working with insurance companies and will not be confused by their tactics or feel pressured to settle for an unsatisfactory amount.
2. Best Settlements—Personal injury attorneys work hard to reach the best settlements for their clients, as early in the litigation process as possible.
1. Best Jury Verdicts—If a trial becomes necessary, a personal injury lawyer can zealously represent you in court and work toward achieving the best possible jury verdict in your favor.