ankin law office llc
162 West Grand Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60654
Toll Free: 800-442-6546
Warehouse/Factory Worker Injuries
Illinois Warehouse & Factory Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Factories and warehouses are integral to commerce in our country. Unfortunately, they can both pose significant risk of injury for workers. Warehouse and factory workers are often required to do manual lifting, operate heavy machinery and work in sometimes dangerous facilities. As a result, workplace injuries are not uncommon in these occupations. If you have been injured while working at a warehouse or factory, you are eligible to file a workers’ compensation claim. Hiring an attorney to help you with your claim will ensure that you receive the workers’ compensation benefits you deserve.
Types of Warehouse and Factory Worker Injuries
Those who work in warehouses and factories are can be injured in a host of different ways. Here are some of the more common types of injuries:
- Back injuries including herniated discs. These injuries are often sustained from heavy lifting either in a single incident or over time.
- Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs), which cause limited mobility and pain in muscles and joints. Arthritis is a type of MSD.
- Knee injuries including torn ligaments and menisci.
- Shoulder injuries including torn rotator cuffs.
- Broken bones and lacerations from accidents like slipping & tripping, falling and being hit by falling objects.
Many of the injuries suffered by warehouse and factory workers are considered repetitive trauma injuries. These types of injuries are not sustained in a single accident; they are the result of performing the same task repeatedly over time. In comparison to accident injuries, repetitive trauma injuries can be more difficult to prove in workers’ compensation claims. It’s important to choose a workers’ compensation lawyer who is knowledgeable about the specific injuries that warehouse and factory workers suffer. At Ankin Law Office, our attorneys are experienced in working on these types of cases and a wide variety of workers’ compensation claims. If you have been injured on the job, contact us today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.